I’m Dan Collins,
I am a licensed real estate broker (DRE Lic.# 01274732) with 30+ years’ experience listing and selling residential and income property. I exclusively sell probate & trust estate properties, that is my business. I am a highly-experienced specialist in the sale of single-family homes, condos, tenants-in-common units, multi-unit investment and commercial properties.
I am also an estate expert who has authored a book about administering probate and trust estates. My extensive experience as an expert consultant in trust and probate litigation qualifies me as a dedicated specialist to assist you with estate property sales in the Sacramento Valley area counties including Sacramento, Placer, El Dorado, Yolo, San Joaquin, Amador, Nevada, Sutter and Yuba.
My book, “PROBATE & TRUST ESTATE ADMINISTRATION TIPS & TRICKS Estate with Homes and Real Estate Investments” is available on Amazon. If you email me at email@example.com I will gladly send you an electronic copy.
If you are tasked with administrating an estate, you have a difficult job that almost no one expects to have, and one that even fewer come prepared to do well. I can help you!
- When you list your estate property for sale with me, a partial list of services I offer as a part of my marketing services to you include:
- When I list your property for sale, I develop strict instructions to buyers’ agents that match your desires and needs so only the most qualified buyers may submit offers to purchase your estate property. I have over ten years’ experience in transacting fiduciary sales. Fiduciary sale transactions are significantly different than “re-sale” transactions when people who are still living sell their property.
- I will provide you with up to 20 hours of estate administration services to assist you with developing a plan of action to execute best practices for the estate you are administering.
- I am also a California licensed General Contractor (CSLB Lic.# 1004853): That qualifies me to assist you with securing property inspections, and estimates to correct any property defects.
- Assist you with securing proper property insurance coverage that will protect your home or income property. Estates properties often require special by lines of insurance coverage.
- Provide you with a Date of Death Valuation that you may use to prepare your estate’s final tax return that is required as part of the final accounting and distribution.
- If necessary, I will assist you with evicting family members or tenants from estate property, I have in depth experience in this area of unlawful detainers for tenancies without lease or rental agreements.
- Facilitate securing bids to make improvements or corrections to the property if you wish make improvements to better position properties for sale.
- I have over 300 vendors to call upon who can help with estate sales, personal property removal, business equipment liquidation, unlawful detainers, property management, fiduciary tax returns, and construction projects to name few.
- If you need to fund your estate because it has no cash, I have private money sources that will provide you with non-recourse, short term loans, secured by real property of the estate. This is a very valuable service that allows you to hire necessary professionals to assist in the administration of your estate.
If you were appointed or are serving as a Probate Personal Representative, Probate Executor/Executrix, Probate Administrator or a Trustee to a Living Trust or other kind of Trust, I have literally stood in your shoes and have personally served in all those capacities. I understand that your role requires a significant time commitment, and that it comes with liability and burdens for a job that you are likely not going to be adequately compensated.
I can help you do the best possible job with the resources from the estate.
Yes, you probably engage a home “re-sale” licensed real estate agent to transact your fiduciary property sale, but you will be missing out on specialized services that protect you and the estate. I know where the train wrecks are likely to occur and how to protect you from them, I wrote the book!
I will help you navigate the difficult probate/trust work, and I will do it all for a fair commission rate that is not paid until you receive the money from the property sale transaction.